Canada is Calling. It is essential to tell you that the Government of Canada has two seasonal programs. They can hire Foreign workers from any country under a Temporary Foreign Agricultural Worker Program. In this post, I will cover all the details about the Canada Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023. Additionally, I will list down the LMIA Approved Seasonal Jobs in Canada for Foreign workers.
The Agriculture Jobs in Canada does not require high qualification. Anyone with a Parimay or secondary education can apply. If they have been offered a Job from a Canadian employer the next step is to apply for the work permit. Many Employers in Canada offer seasonal Jobs. Both International and Canadian citizens can apply. More details about the Canada Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023 are given below.
Details About Canada Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023
- Job Country: Canada
- Program Name: Temporary Foreign Agricultural Worker Program
- Who can Apply: Temporary Foreign Worker from any country
- LMIA: Yes Positive LMIA Approved
- Visa Type: Agriculture Worker
Also Check: Canada Digital Nomad Visa 2023: Canada’s Tech Talent Strategy
Agriculture Stream: Temporary Foreign Agricultural Worker Program
The Agriculture Stream is one of the streams under a “Temporary Foreign Agricultural Program” in which employers in Canada are allowed to hire Foreign workers from any country when Canadians are not available.
The Agriculture Stream allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers to fill temporary agricultural jobs. TFWs play a vital role in the Canadian agricultural sector.
Financial Benefits by the Canadian Employer/Company
According to the requirements of the Agriculture Stream. Employers who are inviting foreign workers on an Agriculture Stream: Temporary Foreign Agricultural Worker Program will cover the following costs for the employee:
- Transportation: Employers must arrange and pay for the round-trip transportation of the TFW. This includes travel to and from their place of work in Canada and their country of residence.
- Housing: Employers must provide TFWs with adequate, suitable, and affordable housing.
- Health insurance: Health Insurance should also be covered by employers.
- Some Employers in Canada will train you also.
Also Read: Spain Seasonal Work Visa 2023 (This also covers Airfare, Housing)
Eligible Occupations and Codes (Agriculture Stream)
The following occupations are eligible under an Agriculture Stream:
- 80020: Managers in Agriculture
- 80021: Managers in Horticulture
- 82030: Agriculture and Farm Supervisors
- 82031: Ground Maintenance
- 84120: Machinery Operators
- 85100: Livestock Labourers (Known as Farm Workers)
- 85101: Harvesting (Vegetables, Fruit Picker)
- 85103: Nursery
Stay Duration on Agriculture Stream
On the Agriculture Stream, your Work permit will be issued for 3 Years.
Canada Seasonal Work Visa Cost
- Work permit application fee: CAD 150
- Biometrics fee: CAD 85 (if required)
Seasonal Worker Jobs in Canada with LMIA Approved
Hundreds of Jobs are advertised on a daily basis on the official website that is “Job Bank Canada”. From there you can apply for the Seasonal Jobs.
- Step 1: Visit the Website https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/findajob/foreign-candidates
- Step 2: Click on the Advanced.
- Step 3: Scroll down the page and at the End Select the Option “Canadians and international candidates“
- Step 4: Scroll up again and in the Job title Write “85100”, or any other eligible code given above. All of these are verified.
- Step 5: Press Enter and click on View Results. This will list all types of Seasonal Jobs in Canada.
- Step 6: Open any Post, read their description, and apply online.
*Remember: If you are applying for an Agriculture Stream, you must search for a Job that is eligible in this stream. The Occupation Codes that are given above you search by codes on the Job Bank website.
Also Check: LMIA Approved Jobs in Canada 2023
Step by Step Canada Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023
Once you have completed the above steps such as you are done with Finding and securing a Job.
Your employer will get in touch with you and will assist you on how to apply for the Work permit. The next step is to apply online for the Canada Work Permit.
Once you both are agreed and have all the documents you need to apply for a work permit.
If you already have a Valid Canadian Visitor Visa, then read How to Convert Canada Visitor Visa into Work Permit in 2023