Erasmus is Europe’s Biggest Scholarship program that is Fully Funded by the European Commission. It allows applicants from all over the world to come to Europe and pursue Master’s Degree programs. In Erasmus, you will complete every semester at different Universities in Europe. Students from all over the world are welcome. So, this post is basically for the one who is going to apply for the Erasmus in October 2023.
The Applications for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship are going to start in October 2023 and it will end in January 2024. During this time you have to choose your course, and field of study from the Erasmus Course Catalogue. Erasmus is not that much difficult like Chevening Scholarship. No hard requirements. The guidelines for the Erasmus Scholarship 2024 are given below.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Preparation and Guidelines (2023)
For the Academic Year 2023, Erasmus has selected 2835 students from more than 143 countries. The Applications for the academic year 2024 will start in October 2023.
Here is an Erasmus chart that shows the number of applicants and countries.
Key Points to Note
- Application Opens: Oct 2023
- Application Ends: January 2023
- Study Level: Master
- Duration: 1 to 2 academic years
- Benefits: Fully Funded (Air Tickets, Meals, Accommodation, Health, Books, Allowance, Tuition.
- In this scholarship, you will study in Europe in 03 European countries at 03 universities and get a dual degree awarded by two European universities.
- No restriction on coming back to the country, you can start a Job in Europe after completing your education.
What’s NOT Required for Erasmus?
- GRE is Not Required
- No need to contact any professor or else
- No work experience is required.
- No age restrictions
- People with CGPA between 2.5 to 3.0 have been selected also.
What is Required for Erasmus?
- IELTS or TOEFL test required.
- People with at least 16 years of education can apply for it.
Complete Guide A to Z step by step
If you are looking for Jobs in Europe after studying, then you must apply as Erasmus people get priority over other candidates. They also have lots of professional activities to do during their studies.
You will spend your semester in at least 2 countries in Europe.
You can apply for a maximum of 3 programs from the EMJMD Catalogue. If you apply for more than 3, your all previous application will be rejected. So, be careful.
Normally 6.5 IELTS bands are enough for Erasmus.
- Make your passport now. You need a Passport as an Identity Document to apply.
How You Can Apply?
Explore the online EMJMD Catalogue. You can select and apply for max 3 programs.
Each program has its website. Find it and Explore it, find the eligibility criteria, required documents, and other necessary things, and apply accordingly.
All programs have different requirements.
Degree and Transcript
Any other document, achievement, award, or certificate that you think is important.
Key Points for Increasing Your Chances
These points are for those who have a low CGPA of less than 2.6:
- GPA matters a lot. But if you have a Low CGPA you can increase your chances with a Motivation letter, Statement of Purpose, Good IELTS Score, or a GRE if you have. However, GRE is not required.
- Work Experience/internships if you have, however, work experience is Not required.
- Your Motivation Letter MATTERS A LOT more than you may dedicate time for it, it can make or break the deal irrespective of your CGPA, etc. I posted Best Motivation Letter for Scholarship With Tips
- Your passion, and interest in the Erasmus, and how it will help you in your career.
In Conclusion: It is just for guidance purposes according to the experiences of people on the internet. Join different Erasmus Mundus Facebook groups also. Lets us know if you like Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Preparation Post.