Estonia is a European Union country with a population of Just 1.3 Million. Estonia is a hub of Digital Technology. The Famous App known as Skype was invented in Estonia. But Estonia also has a diverse workforce in Agriculture. Get to know about the Estonia Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023. According to European Migration Network – Estonia issued 5023 seasonal permits in 2019, and 2782 in 2018.
Many Jobs in Estonia come with relocation support. To perform a seasonal Job in Estonia you should register yourself for short-term employment and obtain a long-term (D) visa. The Long-term Visa is valid for 1 year, the temporary residence permit can be valid for 5 years. As a seasonal worker, you may work for a maximum of 270 days within 365 consecutive days. More details are given below.
Details About Estonia Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023
- Job Country: Estonia
- Who can Apply: Non-Europeans
- Permit Type: Short-Term Employment
- Visa Name: D Visa
Seasonal Work Areas
Employers in Estonia are required to give a Job offer to only those who are from non-European countries.
Seasonal work is a season-dependent activity, which is listed in the Government of the Republic Regulation:
- Crop and animal production, hunting, and related service activities
- Fishing and aquaculture
- Forestry and logging
- Accommodation service activities
- Food and beverage service activities
- Food production
- Manufacture of soft drinks
Stay Duration in Estonia
Seasonal workers can work for 270 days (almost 9 months) within 365 consecutive days. Your Visa will be valid for one year.
You can always renew your Seasonal work permit as well as your Visa.
Accommodation in Estonia
The Employer may help in finding accommodation or even employer can arrange the accommodation for seasonal workers.
Estonia Work Visa Processing Time
The process takes 2 weeks to a month.
Estonia Seasonal Work Permit Cost
If you are a seasonal worker you will fall under the category of ‘short-term employment’ in Estonia. The Application Fee for the Registration of “Short Term Employment” is 48€
Estonia Work Visa Cost
You need to apply for the Estonia Long term (D Visa) at the Estonian Embassy. On the (D) Visa you can stay for 1 year. You can renew this visa again. The fee for this visa is €100.
Estonia Seasonal Work Visa Procedure 2023
Here is the step-by-step application process to obtain an Estonia seasonal permit:
- You will need to Find a Job first in Estonia.
- Your Employer who will offer you a Job will submit the registration for short-term employment for seasonal work to the Police and Border Guard.
- If your application for the Short term employment is approved. You have to apply for the Visa.
- Depending on the stay duration you can apply for either Short Term Schengen Visa or Long term D Visa. (Depends on Job contract and duration)
- If your work is longer than 90 days then you need to apply for the D Visa.
- You should apply for a visa at the Estonian embassy or consulate
Read About the Estonia D Visa Procedure (Here)
Estonia Seasonal Work Visa Requirements
- You must be a citizen of a non-European country.
- You will start the work in the area of activity defined by the Government of Estonia.
- You have a short-term employment contract from your employer.
- Your employer must first get a short-term employment permit for you.
- Your accommodation in Estonia has to be ensured in an accommodation which complies with the relevant requirements.
- The employer has to be registered in Estonia.
Apply for the Temporary Residence Permit
You can apply for a Temporary residence permit that will be valid proof of your residence in Estonia. You can do that after arriving in Estonia as well.
Useful Site Links
More EU Countries Seasonal Work Visas: