The 2024 Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate degree programs is now open. The GKS Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship 2024 is a government-funded scholarship fully funded by the Korean Government. For this scholarship, IELTS is not required. Around 262 scholars will be selected for the GKS Undergraduate scholarship. It consists of the Embassy Track and University Track, you can apply for both.
In the embassy track, you have to apply through the Korean Embassy where you hold citizenship (embassy track). In the University track, you can directly apply to one of the designated universities (university track). 86 seats are reserved in the embassy track and 176 seats are reserved for the University track which makes a total of 262 scholarships.
Details About GKS Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship 2024
- Host Country: South Korea
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Associate Degree
- Number of Scholarships: 262
- Deadline: Different for each country
Join our Telegram Group for regular scholarship updates and much more.
Also Read: KAIST University Scholarship [Spring 2024]
GKS Scholarship Benefits
The GKS is a Fully Funded Scholarship Program by the Korean government and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Korea which makes it the largest-ever scholarship program by the Korean Government.
The Scholarship Covers:
- Airfare (Return Air Ticket)
- Full tuition fees.
- Settlement Allowance
- Monthly Allowance
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee
- Degree Program Tuition Fee
- Thesis (Dissertation) Printing Fee Reimbursement
- Medical Allowance
- Degree Completion Grants
- Korean Proficiency Grants
- Exploration of Korean culture.
- Deepen Korean education.
- Professional and personal development of individuals.
- Prosperity around the globe.
Also Read: UK Commonwealth Scholarship 2024/25
Is the GKS scholarship available for undergraduates?
Yes, GKS offers scholarships for Undergraduates as well as for Masters and Ph.D. degree programs. The Call for Master and PhD programs will open in 2024.
Duration of Program
- Associate Degree: 1 year of the Korean language program, 2~3 years of the degree program
- Undergraduate Degree: 1 year of the Korean language program, 4~6 years of the degree program
All fields of study offered by GKS-participating universities
Eligibility Criteria for the GKS Undergraduate Scholarship 2024
- Citizens of all countries can apply except Korean citizens.
- Applicants who have a bachelor‟s degree cannot apply.
- Applicants who have associate degrees can only apply to a bachelor’s program.
- CGPA should be above 2.64 out of 4, 2.80 out of 4.3, 2.91 out of 4.5, or 3.23 out of 5.0
- The score percentile must be 80 percent or above.
- Should be under the age of 25 years.
- Must be in good health
- No criminal record.
For Result Waiting applicants:
Applicants who are expected to graduate must first submit a certificate of expected graduation at the time of application. If such applicants pass the first round of selection, they must submit a graduation certificate (or a degree certificate) by December 31, 2023
Also Check: Finland Government Scholarships 2024
- Application form.
- Personal statement.
- Study plan.
- Letter of recommendation.
- GKS applicant agreement.
- Personal medical assessment.
- Graduation certificate.
- Academic transcripts.
- Proof of the citizenship of parents.
- Overseas Korean Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean Citizenship Renunciation Documentation proof, if any.
- Korean War Veteran’s Descendant proof, if any.
- Valid TOPIK or an English proficiency certificate or English Language Proficiency from a previous institute.
- Awards and other certificates.
- Passport copy.
How to Apply for the GKS Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship 2024?
You can apply via the Embassy track as well as through the University track to directly submit applications to the University.
The application process for the GKS Korean Government scholarship is different for each country.
I recommend you visit the official website and clearly read the instructions on how to submit the application properly for the GKS Korean Government Undergraduate Scholarship 2024.