Greece is a beautiful EU Country and comes in a Schengen state. Non-EU Nationals can apply for the Greece work visa. The Greece work Visa is relatively simple like Italy’s Seasonal Work Visa. The Greece Residence permit and the Work permit are now all-in-one, meaning residence permits can include the right to work. Greece offers residence permits for work, studies, and volunteer work. We will discuss the Greece Work Visa Process 2023.
To work in Greece there are many options such as a Greece Employer Visa, Seasonal Visa, and Digital Nomad Visa. The Greek government also has Golden Visa programs. You can get Greec citizenship through investing or renting an apartment in a Real estate, or buying a property. All these details and requirements for the Greece Work Visa Process 2023 are given below.
Details About Greece Work Visa Process 2023
- Job Country: Greece
- Visa Type: Type D long Stay National Visa
- Opportunity Type: Work Permit
Also Read: Italy Work Visa Process 2023 | How to Get an Italian Work Permit?
What is a Greece Residence Permit?
The Greece residence permit allows you to stay in Greece legally. This permit is initially issued for a year and it can be renewable.
Your Employer can also apply for this permit at the designated Authorities in Greece.
What is a Greece Long Stay (Type D) Visa?
The Greece Long Stay Type D Work Visa allows you to travel to Greece once your residence permit application has been approved. You will collect your residence permit once you arrive in Greece within 30 days.
A worker from a non-EU country must first obtain a visa to enter Greece and then apply for a residence/work permit once in Greece.
Type of Greece Work Permits
Types of long-stay “D” work visas in Greece. Greece offers residence permits and work permits for:
- Greece Employment Visa
- Greece Seasonal Work Visa
- Self-employed visa
Also Read: Italy Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023 (44,000 Seasonal Visas)
1) Greece Employment Visa
To work in Greece as an employee for any employer you will need an Employment Visa and a residence permit for employment. You will need to find a Job in Greece.
Make sure your employer sends you a Valid work contract with a duration of a minimum of 1 year.
2) Greece Seasonal Work Visa
Seasonal workers can work for a maximum of six months per year in Greece. You will apply for a Long Stay Type D Visa once you have the seasonal Job offer.
3) Greece Self-Employed Visa
This visa is for people who plan to start a business in Greece.
Validity of Greece Work Visa and Residence Permit
- Employment Visa: 1 Year
- Seasonal Employees: up to 6 months
- Fish Workers: up to 11 months
After 5 years of living in Greece, you can apply for Permanent residency.
Greece Work Visa Cost
- Greece National Visa (Type D Long Stay): 180 Euros
- Greece Residence permit for one year: 150 euros
Greece Work Visa Requirements
To obtain a Greece Long Stay Visa the following requirements are mandatory to complete:
- a signed copy of the employment contract.
- Fully completed D visa application form in English or Greek
- Passport valid for at least 3 months after the expiration date of the D visa
- Copies of the data page and residence permit.
- A recent passport-size color photo not older than six months
- Travel medical insurance valid for the D visa period
- A medical fitness certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s criminal record.
How to Apply for the Greece Work Visa?
To obtain a Visa follow the step-by-step Greece Work Visa Process 2023:
- It would be best if you first found a Job in Greece. (Websites are given below)
- You must apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate in your country of origin
- You must submit all the documents with the Visa application.
- You must apply for a Residence permit after your Arrival in Greece.
Contact the Greece embassy in your country and also ask them about the Work Visa process, and the required documents.
Greece Work Visa Processing Time
It will take 30 days to process your visa application.
Also Read: Finland D Work Visa Process 2023 (Fastest Visa in 10 Days)
Application Process to Get a Residence Permit in Greece
You must apply for a residence permit as an employed worker. All applications for residence permits are submitted at the one-stop shops of the Decentralized Administration.
Greece Job Websites
Greece Nomad Visa (No Job Offer Required)
The Greece Nomad Visa is a Digital Nomad Visa for freelancers or remote workers. You do not need a Job offer from the Greek employer for this visa.
Your Greece digital nomad visa is initially valid for one year. This visa is also known as the Greek digital nomad visa or the Greek nomad visa.
Greece Nomad Visa Requirements
- You must be a non-EU citizen.
- You must have a monthly salary of at least €3,500.
Note: I will make a detailed post on Greece Nomad Visa soon.
Greece Citizenship programs (Golden Visa Program)
The Greece Govt also offers Golden Visa programs to those who are interested in obtaining Greek citizenship by investment or by real estate.
- Minimum real estate investment of EUR 250,000
- One to two months
- The right of free movement to Greece and Europe’s Schengen Area
- No requirement to reside in Greece.
- Unlimited expiry date of residence permit
- Opportunity to rent out the investment property
- Eligibility to apply for citizenship after seven years of residence
2) Greece Real Estate
Everything you need to know about acquiring premium real estate in Greece and linked to the Greece Golden Visa Program.
- Minimum investment: EUR 250,000
- Rental income opportunity: 2.5–4.5% on residential property and 5–7% on commercial property
- Sole or shared ownership