Ireland is a great country with a great number of work opportunities. After Germany, Ireland issued the most number of work visas to the Citizens of non-EU countries. This post is about the Ireland Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023. You are non-EU citizens and wish to carry out seasonal activities in Ireland. In 2022 Ireland has issued 4,311 Permits to Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishing, and 1,157 permits till now in 2023.
You need to apply for the ‘General Employement Permit’. The Ireland General Employment permit is to attract 3rd country nationals. All occupations are eligible under this permit so seasonal workers need to apply for the Ireland General employment permit and then an Irish long-stay (D) visa to Grant entry in Ireland. More details about the Ireland Seasonal Work Visa 2023 are given below.
Details About Ireland Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023
- Job Country: Ireland
- Visa Type: General Employement Permit
- Who can Apply: Non-European Citizens
Also Read: Ireland Recruitment Agencies 2023 (For Foreign Workers)
- Care Workers and Home Carers Employment Permit
- Chef Employment Permit
- Health Care Assistant Employment Permit
- Horticultural Worker
- Meat Processing Operative, Meat Deboner
- Dairy Farm Assistant Employment Permit
- Hospitality Manager Employment Permit
What is Ireland’s General Employement Permit?
The General employment permit is the most common work permit by the Irish Department of Business, Enterprise, and Innovation (DBEI)
The General Employment permit is for one with low qualifications and can fill the labor shortage. All types of occupations are eligible under this permit such as:
|A – Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing|
|B – Mining & Quarrying|
|C – All Other Manufacturing|
|C – Manufacture of Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals|
|C – Manufacture of Computers, Electronics & Optica|
|C – Manufacture of Food, Drink & Tobacco|
|C – Manufacture of Medical Devices|
|D – Electricity & Gas & Air Conditioning Supply|
|E – Water Supply – Sewerage Waste Management & Rem|
|F – Construction|
|G – Wholesale & Retail Trade|
|H – Transport & Storage|
|I – Accommodation & Food Services activities|
|J – Information & Communication Activities|
|K – Financial & Insurance Activities|
|L – Real Estate Activities|
|M – All Other Professional, Scientific & Technical|
|M – Professional, Scientific&Technical Activities|
|N – Administrative & Support Service Activities|
|O – Public Administration & Defence|
|P – Education|
|Q – Health & Social Work Activities|
|R – Arts, Entertainment and Recreation|
|S – Other Service activities|
|T – Domestic- Activities of Households as Employer|
How many Work Permits are issued by Ireland?
According to the Official Ireland Employment Permit Statistics:
Conditions for Ireland Seasonal Worker Visa
- You must have received a Valid Job offer from the Irish Employer
- You must have a Valid Entry Visa
- You must have a General employment permit
- A certificate of registration called an Irish Residence Permit
Duration of Ireland Employement Permit
The Irish General Employement will be issued for an initial period of 2 years. You can renew it for up to three more years.
After 5 years, applicants can apply for the Long Term Residency in Ireland.
Ireland Work Visa Fee
The Application Fee for the Ireland General Employement Permit is:
- €500 for an employment permit of 6 months or less duration.
- €1,000 for an employment permit from 6 months up to 24 months duration.
Refund of the Visa Fee
If an application is unsuccessful then 90% of the fee will be refunded. This depends on the employee or on the employer.
For Example: If the Irish Employer paid the visa application fee for his employee, the refund will be given to the employer.
Required Documents for Ireland Seasonal Worker Visa
The Checklist of documents in support of Ireland’s General Employement permit varies.
Your employer must pay a Minimum annual remuneration of 27,500 Euros.
The Applications will be only accepted from the Irish employer which is registered with the Revenue Commissioners and with the Companies Registration Office/Registry of Friendly Societies.
Irish Registered Companies
Make sure to apply to the Company which is registered. These companies are known as Certified Employers that offer work permits to Foreign workers.
You can Search all companies at: https://www.cro.ie/Help/Using-Services/About-CRO-Company-Search
Additionally, if you need to find which company offers Employement permits to Foreign nationals you may go to the Employement Permit Statistics website and then click on “Work permits by Company”.
This will show a list of Irish companies that have been granted a number of work permits.
Processing Time for Ireland Employement Permit
It is advised to apply at least 12 weeks before the proposed employment start date.
Ireland Work Visa Processing Time
The Ireland work visa processing time is about 8 weeks.
Step by Step Ireland Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023 (Employment Permit)
- You must first Find a Job and have an offer letter from an Irish Employer.
- Your employer will apply for the General Employement Permit on your behalf or you can apply online on the Employment Permits Online System (EPOS)
- Please see the General Employment Permit Checklist which will assist the process.
- Pay the General Employement Fee.
- Once your employment permit is issued, you must obtain an Ireland Long Stay D-visa.
- You must apply online for the Irish D Visa
- If you have received a Visa, you can travel to Ireland.
- Once you are in Ireland, you have to apply for a Residence Permit at the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) and receive your Ireland residence permit.
I have written a detailed post on the Ireland Work Visa Process 2023 which shows different kinds of Ireland work permits.
Employment, and Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Ireland
- This site lists more than 30,000 Jobs in Ireland. Search for a Job there.
- EURES Ireland
More Seasonal Work Visas in Europe: