NIG Internship 2024: The National Institute of Genetics (NIG) and Genetics program (Sokendai) offer a Fully funded research internship program for undergrads and grad students who wish to gain practical experience with a high level of facilities in Japan in genetics and related fields in life sciences. Interns will conduct independent research under the mentorship of the Host. The NIGINTERN Program is Fully Funded.
The Program also includes training on scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits. The NIG Internship for 2024 will start on June 13 and will end on July 24, 2024. At the end of the internship participants will give presentations and will share their experience at the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium”. NIG will issue a certificate of completion. More details about the NIG Internship 2024 is given below.
- NIG will cover the rough airfare ticket from the participant’s home country to Japan and from Japan to the participant’s home country.
- NIG will also cover the Airport Transfer
- Accommodation fees, and travel insurance during the program.
- Living and miscellaneous expenses.
- June 13– July 24, 2024.
Note: NIG covers expenses for the designated period only.
Who can Apply for the NIG Internship Program?
- Applicant must be in prefinal-year at the time of application. For example:
- In 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor’s program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor’s program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master’s program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Applicants must show their interest in genetics and related fields in life sciences.
- NIG welcomes applications from any country/nationality.
How to Apply for the NIG Internship?
They accept applications through the online application system. You can also read this application guideline on how to complete the online application.
The online application system opens on November 27, 2023, and closes at noon on January 9, 2024 (Japan Standard Time, JST).