According to the EU 🇪🇺 Commission, each year more than 100,000 😲 seasonal workers from Non-European countries come to Europe to perform seasonal activities. Sweden 🇸🇪 is one of them that offer Seasonal Work permit, and berry 🍒 picker work permit. You will be paid at least (SEK 13,000/month) to support yourself. Sweden does not apply a labor market test to seasonal workers. Let me tell you the complete details about the Sweden Seasonal Work Permit Process 2023.
You just need an offer letter from an established Swedish employer. The demand for seasonal workers is highest in the summer 😎 season. Your seasonal work permit will be valid for six months. You can only work for six months in 12 months. You can also renew it. You will be eligible to apply for Sweden Permanent residency if you have been in sweden on a seasonal work permit for four years. More details are given below
Details About Sweden Seasonal Work Permit Process 2023
- Job Country: Sweden
- Permit Name: Seasonal Work Permit
- Visa Name: D Visa (Long Stay)
Who can Apply for Sweden on a seasonal work permit?
If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland and have been offered seasonal work in Sweden by an employer established here, you can apply for a work permit for seasonal work.
Who is the Swedish Migration Agency?
My last post was about the Sweden Work Visa Process 2023. I have written that the Swedish Migration Agency is the only government body that is responsible for issuing work permits.
The Swedish Migration Agency’s website is the primary source of information for employers on hiring seasonal workers.
What is the Seasonal Work Visa in Sweden?
In Sweden, seasonal work occurs in:
- Crop and animal production, hunting, and related service activities.
- Fruit Picking
- Forestry and logging
- Accommodation and food service activities
- Tour operator activities
- Other reservation services and related activities
- Landscape service activities
- Support activities for performing arts
- Operation of ski facilities
- Operation of golf courses
- Activities of amusement parks and theme parks
The European Commission estimates that over 100,000 non-EU seasonal workers come to the EU every year. They also said that Seasonal workers are becoming increasingly important. (Source: European Commission Report on Seasonal Workers)
- Berry Picker and Planters: 6,534 permits were issued. 🍓🍇
- Forestry Work: More than 1,000 permits.
- Fast food staff, kitchen and restaurant assistants: 927
According to the Swedish Migration Agency, approximately 13,000 seasonal work permits were issued in 2022.
A detailed report on the number of work permits by profession and by year is available on the Swedish Migration Website.
Sweden Seasonal Work Permit Cost 💶
The Cost of a Sweden Seasonal Work permit is SEK 2,000 (approximately €169.56 as of 26th Oct 2023).
Sweden D Visa Cost 💶
The Visa fee for the Sweden Long Stay (D) Visa is 80 Euros.
Processing Time for Sweden Seasonal Work Permit
An application for a seasonal work permit will be decided within 90 days if the case is complete.
Sweden Seasonal Work Permit Requirements in 2023
If you are going to work in Sweden on a Seasonal permit for 90 Days then you need the:
If you are going to work in Sweden on a Seasonal permit for more than 90 days then you need:
- Work Permit
- Residence Permit
To obtain a permit for seasonal work, you must:
- A resident of a country outside the EU/EEA countries.
- Have a valid passport
- Have a valid temporary employment offer as a seasonal worker by a sweden Employer.
- Have access to accommodation. (The employer should not deduct rent from your salary).
- Have a valid health insurance.
- Able to Pay a seasonal work permit fee.
How to apply for Seasonal work in Sweden?
There are two processes. You can either apply online or at the Swedish Embassy. It depends on your country and what type of application they accept.
Here are step-by-step details on how you can get a Sweden Seasonal Work permit.
- You must first find a Job in Sweden. You must have a good CV and a Cover letter. Read Sweden CV Format 2023 With Cover Letter.
- Your employer will file an application for a work permit.
- You will receive an email with information about how to apply for a work permit.
- Pay the Work permit Fee.
- Wait for the Work permit Approval.
- Apply for the Visa.
- Apply for the Residence permit after the Visa.
If you don’t apply online. You have to fill out the Application for a seasonal work permit in Sweden, form 262011, and present it at the Sweden Embassy.
Apply for a Sweden Long Stay Visa
Once you have a Job offer as well as your work permit has been approved. You need to apply for the Sweden National Long Stay D Visa. It allows you to stay in sweden for one year.
Seasonal Worker Jobs in Sweden
More EU Countries Seasonal Work Visas: