The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA) has announced the Quota for seasonal workers. 45,000 visas for seasonal workers to be available for horticulture for the year 2023. There has been an increase of 5,000 visas from 2022. I will tell you people about the UK Seasonal Worker Visa Process 2023. This Visa is open to anyone from any part of the world. Unskilled workers can apply for the UK Seasonal Worker Visa.
According to the UK Work Visa statistics, a total of 212,551 Work Visas have been issued till June 2023. This includes a Skilled Worker Visa, Health and Care Worker Visa, and other Temporary Visas. The Seasonal Worker Visa for UK allows you to stay for up to 6 months. With Extremely low Visa cost, no higher qualification. More details about the UK Seasonal Worker Visa Process 2023 are given below.
Details About UK Seasonal Worker Visa Process 2023
- Job Country: UK
- Job Sector: Horticulture, Poultry
- Who can Apply: Open to all Countries
- No of Visas: 45,000 for 2023
- Visa Type: Seasonal Worker Visa (Temporary Visa)
Also Read: Italy Seasonal Work Visa Process 2023 (44,000 Seasonal Visas)
Who can Apply for the UK Seasonal Worker Visa?
The UK Seasonal Worker Visa is open to anyone with age above 18 years old from all countries. You have to apply online for the UK seasonal Visa.
You need to Find a Job in one of these fields:
- Horticulture: Picking fruit and vegetables or flowers
- Poultry Sector.
The Quota for Seasonal Workers in the UK
The UK government has extended the Seasonal Worker scheme to allow 45,000 temporary workers to pick and pack fruits, vegetables, flowers, and Poultry work in the UK in 2023.
This quota can be increased by another 10,000 visas if the government considers it necessary to meet demand.
- Official News Published on the UK Govt Website: Visit Here
UK Seasonal Worker Visa Processing Time
The processing time for the UK Work Visa usually takes 3 to 4 weeks. Once you have applied online you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks
UK Seasonal Worker Visa Cost
The Visa cost for the UK Seasonal Work Visa is £259 for all countries. You have to pay the application fee online.
How Long You can Stay on a UK Seasonal Worker Visa?
You can stay in the UK on this Visa for up to 6 months.
- For horticulture Work (Any time in the UK you can come and work)
- For poultry work (From 18 October to 31 December each year)
Also Read: Finland Seasonal Work Permit Process 2023 (Seasonal Jobs)
- You must be 18 years old.
- Open to all the countries.
- You must have a certificate of sponsorship from the employer in the UK.
- The certificate of sponsorship is a document that you will receive from your UK Sponsor.
- Many UK recruitment agencies/companies in the UK will give you a sponsorship letter.
- You must have at least £1,270 available in your account to support yourself in the first month after arriving in the UK. Unless your sponsor can cover your costs during your first month in the UK, up to £1,270.
- If your employer agrees to offer your accommodation, meals, and benefits that must be written on the Letter.
- Your employer must make sure your job pays at least the minimum wage
- You must have a Job offer.
UK Seasonal Worker Visa Sponsorship Companies
Approved employers are also known as sponsors in the UK because they are sponsoring you to come to or stay in the UK. Some of the well-known popular companies in UK for seasonal Jobs are:
- Agricultural companies
- Horticulture companies
- Food processing companies
- AG Recruitment
- Pro-Force Limited
- Concordia UK Ltd.
- Fruitful Jobs Limited
- Heygrove Recruitment
- Hops Labour Solutions
View the list of approved UK employers. (The list has been updated and more companies have been added).
- A Valid Passport
- The Certificate of sponsorship
- Job offer
- Bank statement or any document that can prove you have enough money to support yourself in the UK
Step by Step UK Seasonal Worker Visa Process 2023
- Step 1 (Find a Job): First, you need to Find a Job that is related to seasonal work. There are many approved employers in the UK who can hire foreign workers. View the list of approved UK employers
- Step 2: You must apply online for the UK Seasonal Visa.
- Step 3: Pay the Application Fee online and Book an appointment.
- Step 4: You need to provide Biometrics and submit your passport.
- Step 5: Wait for the Visa Decision.
The Official Link to the UK seasonal work Visa website is given below. You can apply for the Visa online.
Frequently Asked Questions about UK Seasonal Worker Visa 2023
How do I get sponsored in the UK for a seasonal work visa?
Apply for a Job in a company that is related to seasonal activities such as Food Processing, Agriculture, Poultry, and horticulture.
How do I find companies that sponsor my work visa in the UK?
View the list of approved UK employers. These employers are approved by the UK government and can hire foreign applicants.
Do companies in the UK sponsor work visas?
Yes, many companies in the UK sponsor work visas they are called Licensed Sponsors.