The Applications for the 2024 intake are open. Apply for the Fully Funded Scholarship to Study in Japan under the University of Tokyo ADB Scholarship 2024. The ADB Scholarship program offers a 2-year Fully Funded Master scholarship to the citizens of ADB’s developing member countries. Each year ADB Awards up to 300 Scholarships.
The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP), Financed by the Government of Japan and organized by the Asian Development Bank aims to provide postgraduate opportunities. There is no application fee. As well as It is a fully funded scholarship and covers all expenses for the academic year 2024-2025. More details about the University of Tokyo ADB Scholarship 2024 are given below.
Details About the University of Tokyo ADB Scholarship 2024
- Host Country: Japan
- University: University of Tokyo
- Degree level: Master’s Degree
- Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 10 December 2023
Financial Benefits (What does the scholarship cover)?
ADB offers a Fully Funded Scholarship. The ADB–JSP provides:
- Full Tuition Fees
- a monthly subsistence and Housing Allowance
- an Allowance for books and instructional materials
- Medical insurance
- Airfare Travel expenses
What is the Duration of the Scholarship?
The maximum duration of the scholarship award is two (2) years for master’s program.
Fields that are Covered by the ADB Scholarship Program
- natural resource management
- science and technology
- other development-related fields
In order to be nominated for the ADB Scholarship program, candidates should:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member country
- Must be nominated by the University to which they are applying for a master’s degree program.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional working experience
- Not be more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Agree to return and work in his/her home country for at least two years after completion of master’s study.
Please also refer to the ADB Scholarship Eligibility Criteria (https://www.adb.org/work-with-us/careers/japan-scholarship-program/faq)
Important Points to Consider
- No Separate application is needed for ADB. Only apply to the University.
- Only candidates who have been offered admission and endorsed by the participating academic institutions will be considered for the scholarships by ADB.
- Expenses for the family will not be covered.
The last date to apply for the ADB Scholarship at the University of Tokyo is 10th December 2023
Application Steps to Apply for the University of Tokyo ADB Scholarship 2024
- Step 1: Check your eligibility set by ADB-JSP
- Step 2: Search for faculty members who you wish to be supervised.
- Step 3: Upload Application Materials before the deadline.
- Step 4: Only successful candidates will be required to submit documents for the ADB scholarship application (Mid-February)
- Step 5: ADB-JSP notifies us of the selection result (May)
- Step 6: Enter Japan with a student visa (late September). The autumn semester starts on October 1st, 2024.
The Link to the Official website is given below.