US H1B Visa Process 2023: The H1B Visa allows employers in the United States to hire Foreign workers in their company. The H1B is a nonimmigrant temporary resident visa that is issued for the three years first time. An applicant from any country can apply online for the US H1B Work Visa. They must have a bachelor’s degree qualification in order to be eligible to apply for the Visa. H1B Visa is the most popular US Work visa.
Each year the US Government selects 85,000 new H1B Applicants. Out of this 20,000 are reserved for people with the Master’s Degree or higher qualification. There are many companies in the United States that sponsor H1B Visa Jobs. Since the US is a very big country they also need workers from all around the world. In this post, I will try to cover everything regarding the H1B Visa process, requirements, and types of H1B Work Visa.
Eligibility Criteria for the US H1B Visa 2023
Check if you can qualify for the US H1B Visa.
- A 4 four-year Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent degrees) OR
- A Master’s or Doctoral Degree OR
- Advanced training or vocational skills (examples include fashion models)
- You must have a Job offer from the US Employer.
Examples of Jobs Eligible for an H1B Visa
- IT specialists
- Lawyers, etc.
These are just examples. Applicants can apply in any field but they must have a Higher degree qualification.
Types of H1B Visas
- H-1B: The minimum requirement for an H-1B visa is a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- H-1B1: This visa is for specialty workers from Chile and Singapore.
- H-1B2: The H-1B2 visa is a specialty occupation visa, which means that the job must require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- H-1B3: This visa is for fashion models who will be working in the United States.
H1B Visa Cap
The applications open every year in spring. USCIS approves around 65,000 petitions per year starting from October 1st to September 30th of the following year.
H1B Selection Process (H1B Visa Lottery)
- The H1B Visa lottery is a random selection process in which US Government select applicants randomly and they will be granted a Work Visa.
- Your employer/company who offered you a Job will apply for each prospective H-1B worker
- The USCIS then randomly selects 85,000 registrations to meet the annual quota for H-1B visas.
- The H-1B visa lottery is held each year in March.
In easy words: You first have to apply for Jobs online in US Companies. Then if you have received an offer letter. Be in contact with your employer on the work visa process. Once you have all the documents you can apply for the H1B Work Visa online at the US Embassy website.
The US Govt will now start the selection process for the H1B Visas applications. If your name is selected in the Visa lottery you will be granted a H1B Work Visa.
Period of Stay
Initially, the H1B Visa was issued for three years. Your time period may be extended, but generally cannot go beyond a total of six years.
US H1B Visa Process 2023
The application process is not simple or straightforward. It takes time and both the employer and the employee have to fill out some online application forms.
Here are the steps you need to go through before applying for the H1B Visa:
- Find a Job first.
- Find a petitioner by applying for a job opening in the United States.
- Have the petition initiated by your employer?
- Apply for the H1B visa at the nearest US Embassy/Consulate in your home country.
H1B Petition Process
These steps need to be completed by the employer to hire a foreign worker
- Have a Labor Condition Application (LCA).
- File a petition with USCIS.
- Fill in form I-129.
- Submit the forms and the documents file.
- Wait for the review from USCIS.
How to Apply for the US H1B Work Visa in 2023?
The H1B Application is filled by the applicant.
- Fill in Form DS-160
- Schedule an interview with US Embassy in your country.
- Pay the H1B visa fees
- Present the documents at the Embassy.
- To learn more about please must go through H1B Visa Website. Visit: USCIS WEBSITE
US H1B Visa Requirements
- You must have a Valid Job offer from the US Employer.
- You must have a Valid Bachelors Degree or a Master Degree qualification
- You must have to apply online and pay the Visa Application Fee
- Make an Appointment
- Attend Interview
- Wait for the Visa Decision
US H1B Visa Sponsors Companies
Hundreds of US companies sponsor H1B visas. Some of the well-known and popular companies with a big number of H1B Visa approved last year are published at:
Do your research on Google and use other online job websites to Find H1B Visa sponsorship companies in the United States.