US H2B Work Visa Process 2023: The US H2B Visa is the second type of Visa within the H2 temporary work Visa category. The first type of Visa is H2A Agriculture Visa which is more likely related to agriculture Jobs. The H2B Visa is a Temporary Non-Agriculture Visa to hire foreign workers for one-time jobs, seasonal jobs, intermittent, or peak load needs, water Parks Jobs, Hospitality, warehouse Jobs etc. All I want to tell you is that the US Government has Approved H2B Visa Sponsorship companies.
The US Government allows US Employers to hire Foreign workers. There is a yearly cap on the number of H-2B visas that can be approved, currently set at 66,000 for the Year 2023. Whereas there is no cap on US H2A Work Visa. There are over 40,000 H-2B employers that are approved and can sponsor Foreign workers for H-2B Temporary Non-Agricultural Workers. More details about the US H2B Work Visa Process 2023 are given below.
Details About US H2B Work Visa Process 2023
- Job Country: United States
- Type of Job: Non-Agriculture
- Visa Name: H2B Visa
- Who can Apply: Foreign Workers
What is an H2B Visa?
The US government allows US Employers who are in need of workers, but they are unable to find the right candidate in the US. So, they can sponsor foreign people through the H-2B visa sponsors.
Type of Jobs on H2B Visas
Temporary Non-Agriculture Jobs:
The employment must be for a limited time, such as a one-time occurrence, seasonal, peak load need, or intermittent need.
- Cruise Ships
- Resorts and Theme Parks
- Ski resorts
- Golf courses
- Maintenance and Janitorial
- Water Parks
- Restaurants and bars
- Retail stores
- Sports and athletics, etc.
Benefits from the Employer
According to the US Department of Labor, the employer must cover the following costs for the H2B Sponsor:
- The employer must pay for inbound and outbound transportation.
- Three meals per day for the duration of the contract.
- Fair wages are the same as for US workers.
US H2B Visa Cap 2023
Currently, Congress has set the H-2B cap at 66,000 per fiscal year. In addition to that:
- 33,000 workers begin employment in the first half of the fiscal year (October 1 – March 31)
- 33,000 workers begin employment in the second half of the fiscal year (April 1 – September 30).
H2B Visa Duration
Initially, the H2B Visa is issued for one year. And it can be renewed for 2 more years. The maximum stay of a H2B Visa is three years.
US H2B Visa Sponsorship Companies 2023
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) has a list of H2B Visa Sponsorship Approved employers who can hire foreign workers.
The Job seekers must first apply for a position in any of the approved companies.
Who can Qualify for an H2B Visa?
The H2B Visa process is done by the employer. The US Company, organization, or employer must meet the following requirements:
- Employers need to prove that they are not able to find a suitable candidate in the US.
- That by hiring foreign workers, they will not negatively affect the wages and working conditions of US employees
- The foreign workers will fill temporary positions.
- Employers must pay for transportation, meals, and hourly wages.
US H2B Visa Requirements for Job Seekers (Employees)
- You must have a job offer from an H2B US-approved employer.
- You have to prove that you will return back to the country once the visa expires.
- They have to be eligible for an H-2B visa by proving that they are skilled workers in the job position that they are offered.
- They have to be from a country listed in the H-2B eligible countries list.
US H2B Visa Processing Time in 2023
You can check the processing time for the (H) Visa category from the US Department of State website. Type the name of the city where the US Embassy is available. It will show the processing time.
H2B Visa Cost
- H-2B Visa Application Fee: $190
US H2B Work Visa Process 2023 (How You Can Apply)
Step 1: Find a Job
You must have a Job offer from the H2B Sponsorship company. You can use the above sponsorship companies, or other sites too.
Step 2: Labor certification
Your employer (Petitioner) will submit a Labor Certification to the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
Step 3: Form I-129 to USCIS
After receiving a temporary labor certification for H-2B employment from DOL, the petitioner/employer must file Form I-129 with USCIS.
Step 4: Apply for the H2A Visa at the US Embassy
Once all of the above steps are completed and you have a Green signal. You have to apply for the US H2B Visa at the US Embassy.
You will need to apply online for the Visa and attend the interview at the Embassy. In the interview, it will be decided whether to approve Visa or not.
Useful Links for H2B Visa
More US Work Opportunities:
The US is a land of Opportunities, was a land of opportunities, and will be the land of Opportunities.
US Short-Term Exchange Program Opportunities: