When it comes to Germany there are a lot of opportunities as I said in my previous post of Top 10 Scholarships to Study in Germany in 2023. Germany is a land of opportunities for foreign workers. In 2023 you should know about the Germany Work Visa Requirements and its Types. The country has produced many new laws. Now, it is easier for skilled workers with vocational, non-academic training from non-EU countries to migrate to Germany in order to work.
The German employment Visa is an opportunity for workers to stay in Germany for a longer time. Later you can apply for the EU Blue Card or other types of residence permits as well as a permanent settlement after living for 4 years in Germany. Now you can also come to Germany without a Job offer (This is a New Visa). More details are given below.
Germany Work Visa Requirements and its Types 2023
- You may apply for a German work Visa if you have a Job offer or if you do not have a Job offer.
- Different work visas are available for people without a Job offer.
- Citizens of non-European countries need to apply for the work Visa.
Who Does Not Need a German Work Visa for Employment
Citizens of these countries can enter Germany without a visa.
- EEA/EU member states the United States of America
- New Zealand
- the Republic of Korea
Types of Germany Work Visa in 2023
- Germany Work Visa for Qualified Professionals
- EU Blue Card
- Work Visa for IT Professionals
- Job Seeker Visa
- Germany Opportunity Card
- Germany Seasonal Work Visa
- Freelance Visa
Now let’s discuss each type of visa in detail.
1# Germany Work Visa for Qualified Professionals
Qualified professionals are those who have completed higher education such as a bachelor’s degree from Germany or from any other recognized university outside Germany.
You also need to have a Job offer from an employer in Germany.
- Stay Duration: for a maximum of four years
- You can apply for a settlement in Germany after four years.
- Link: Visit Here
2# EU Blue Card
The EU Blue card is for highly skilled workers. You are a university graduate and have found a job in Germany. People from mathematics, IT, natural sciences, engineering, and human medicine have more chances.
- Stay Duration: 4 Years
- Apply for the settlement after four years.
- Link: Visit Here
3# Work Visa for IT Professionals
In Germany qualified IT Professionals are the most in demand. The IT industry is one of the most important industries in Germany. If you have an IT Degree there are a lot of Visa options for You. Check the right one.
4# Job Seeker Visa (No Job Offer)
The Germany Job Seeker Visa is a temporary work visa that allows individuals to come to Germany without a Job offer. With this Visa, you can move to Germany without a Job offer.
It is a Long term Visa generally issued for Six Months. During that time if you have successfully secured any Job you can simply apply for a work visa and a residence permit.
5# Germany Opportunity Card 2023 (No Job offer)
The German Opportunity card is a new type of work visa for Job seekers. It is similar to the Germany Job seeker Visa but with more flexibility. It is also known as the “Green Card”.
It only needs 6 points. And if you have an undergraduate degree or any degree you already received 6 points. You do need a Job offer for the Germany Opportunity Card Visa. You can stay for one year on an opportunity card.
6# Germany Seasonal Work Visa
The Seasonal work visa allows non-Europeans to carry out seasonal work such as agriculture, farming, tourism, and fruit picking.
7# Freelance Visa (No Job offer)
If you are a Freelancer, Youtuber, Blogger, or working remotely for any company. You can apply for the Germany Freelance Visa. You do not need a job offer from Germany for this visa.
How to get a work visa in Germany?
The application process consists of:
- Get a job offer in Germany if it’s needed.
- Job offer from the German employer.
- Visa sponsorship is not required.
- Apply for the work visa with the Job offer
- Find out where you need to submit your visa application such as VFS Global, or the German embassy.
- Collect all of the required documents according to the instructions.
- Make an appointment for a visa interview.